Friends and Neighbors,
Thank you for visiting my web site. It’s an honor and privilege to serve you as your Ann Arbor Ward 2 City Councilmember.
It’s critical for me to keep in touch with you—I need to hear your thoughts about how we can make our great community even better. If you would like to speak with me, the fastest way to reach me is by phone (cell: 734-660-9955) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
I will also periodically be relaying information via my Ward 2 newsletter, which you can subscribe to here. If getting updates via Facebook is helpful, please “Like” my Kirk for Council Facebook page here.
Thank you, and I look forward to seeing you in the neighborhood.
Ann Arbor Ward 2 City Councilmember
A FOCUS ON NEIGHBORHOODS
- Take back our neighborhood streets—crack down on speeding
- Build a realistic plan to accelerate road repair
- Prioritize neighborhood park improvements
- Invest in tree planting and maintenance
COMMON-SENSE FISCAL PRIORITIES
- Hold contractors accountable for substandard road work
- Consider money-saving solutions proven successful in other cities
- Leverage all the federal and state money we can for transit and infrastructure
- Boost city services through a growing economy
CONSTRUCTIVE, TRANSPARENT COMMUNICATION
- Engage more constituents through monthly newsletters
- Listen to and represent all constituent voices
- Navigate the city bureaucracy to get your problems solved
- Establish a reliable, city-wide tracking system for citizen concerns
- 12-year resident of Ward 2 (Geddes Lake and Glacier Highlands)
- Married to Cynthia (UM musical theater faculty); two sons, August and Harry, attend King Elementary
- Urban Planner and local government consultant
- Planning Commission (8 years)
- Environmental Commission (5 years)
- Ann Arbor’s Annual Memorial Day Parade (3 years, past Chair)
- Glacier Highlands Park Steward (3 years)
- AARP’s “Michigan Age-Friendly Communities Symposium” (2013, Co-Chair)
- Chief advocate for Ann Arbor’s “American Greatest Main Streets” award (2012), Travel and Leisure magazine)
- Master of Urban Planning, University of Michigan
- Bachelor of Science in Economics, Wharton School
Please click on the image below for a larger version of previous mailings.